Hilltop Lumber Employment
Hilltop Lumber is a family owned and operated business with five locations in the Central Minnesota lakes area: Alexandria, Glenwood, Parkers Prairie, Brandon and Ottertail. From time to time we have job openings available.Watch a video to learn more about Hilltop Lumber
Hilltop Lumber Employment Opportunity:
Administrative Sales Support
Hilltop Lumber is looking for an Administrative & Sales Support person at our location in Ottertail MN. Knowledge of office and accounting practices, having good computer skills, phone and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and employees are essential for this position.
- Answer phones, customer inquiries and follow-up with customers about their order status.
- Create purchase orders and pick tickets for receipt and future delivery.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks such as invoicing, accounts receivable/payable and other office administrative duties.
- Assist with Front Counter activities when needed.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with fellow employees.
- Seek guidance and direction in the performance of responsibilities and duties.
- Demonstrating good judgment in respecting the confidentiality of customer, company and personnel information.
- Performing duties in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision.
- Recognizing and performing duties, which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
- Be present during normal business hours to handle the demands of the job.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required by the job.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with multiple team members within Hilltop Lumber.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Lumber and building materials experience a plus, but not necessary.
- Desire and work ethic to learn and understand construction industry.
Stop into Alexandria to get an application, or print one from the web site and email or drop off at either location attention to Bruce.
Job Description: This position performs multiple tasks inside and outside receiving, storage and delivery of products at HILLTOP LUMBER COMPANY. This person also helps with the building of pallets and other specialty products as needed by our customers in the area. It’s a great opportunity to do multiple tasks inside and outside year round with a growing company! We offer great benefits and opportunities for advancement!
Work Days: Weekdays, alternating Saturdays.
Benefits: 401(k) or other retirement, Clothing/uniform allowance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave or PTO, Vacation or PTO.
Required Skills: The person in this position should be able to drive truck, operate a forklift and be familiar with the use of small power tools normally used in carpentry. Reading, math, interpersonal communication skills and the ability to lift heavy, bulky objects is necessary. We will train the right person who is willing to learn these tasks.
Must have a clean driving record and a current license.
Preferred Skills: Class B License, attention to detail and inventory skills would be helpful for this position.
Stop in Glenwood or Alexandria to get an application, or print one from the web site and email or drop off at either location attention to Bruce.
Resumes can be sent to Bruce Hanstad:
Fax: 320 762-8294